- Independent sales organization Merchant Consulting Group Inc. said its payments services are now available in the Tracker Management Systems dispatch software designed for the towing and wrecker industry.
- BMO Harris introduced Small Business Mastercard, which works with the Masterpass, Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay digital wallets.
- Now that Apple Inc.’s new mobile operating system, iOS 11, supports near-field communication capability beyond Apple Pay, a Norwegian company called ThinFilm Electronics ASA has introduced an NFC scanner app that can read smart tags and works on iPhone 7 and succeeding models.
- Fitbit Inc. announced its latest smart watch, the Ionic, will be available at major retailers Oct. 1. The device, which sells for $299.95, is capable of contactless payments.
- A U.K. company called Bonpay has introduced a card for Bitcoin withdrawals. Aimed at traders, miners, freelancers, and other markets, the card is available in both plastic and virtual versions.
- Citigroup Inc. said it has won a contract from the U.S. General Services Administration to participate in the government’s SmartPay 3 Master Contract, which embraces charge cards and other payment solutions. The contract runs through 2031.
- The Western Union Co. reported that executive vice president and chief technology officer J. David Thompson will resign effective Dec. 1 “to pursue other business opportunities.” Western Union named Sheri Rhodes, currently CTO for global payments and digital, as acting CTO until Thompson’s permanent successor is named.
- In related news, Western Union has agreed to provide its money-transfer app on the Wiki smart phone, a new device from Wiki, a French manufacturing company.
- Mastercard Inc. and Swarovski, a giftware maker and retailer, announced a virtual-reality shopping app for the Atelier Swarovski home décor line.
- Ondot Systems, which provides card-control technology, said its service is now integrated into Access Softek’s platform for financial institutions.
- Business-software specialist Salesforce Inc. forecasted that Nov. 24, the Friday following Thanksgiving also known as Black Friday, will be the busiest digital shopping day in U.S. history, and that mobile traffic to retail sites will grow to 60% of the total across the globe this shopping season.
Merchant processor Paysafe North America said that by mid-July it will start offering same-day settlement …