Monday , November 18, 2019

Search Results for: restaurant

Square Aims to Declutter the Restaurant Point of Sale—And Stay Ahead of Merging Competitors

Merchant processor Square Inc. is making it easier for its restaurant clients to use third-party delivery services, while at the same time fortifying itself against bigger merchant acquirers slated to merge into even bigger ones. San Francisco-based Square, which has its own restaurant delivery, pick-up, and catering service called Caviar, …

Read More »

Most Full-Service Restaurants Are Frustrated With Their Payments Services, a Survey Finds

Frustration with payments runs high among full-service restaurant operators, so much so that only 20% expressed no frustrations in a new TouchBistro Inc. report released Monday. The other 80% had some issue with their payments services, with many of them, 21%, citing a lack of transparency on pricing. That was …

Read More »

Stolen Payment Cards For Sale Linked to Breach at Restaurant Operator Earl Enterprises

Mark the latest data breach as another conquest for hackers. Earl Enterprises, owner of the Buca di Beppo, Bertucci’s, Planet Hollywood, and the Earl of Sandwich restaurant chains, among others, said point-of-sale malware captured credit and debit card information from May 23, 2018, through March 18, 2019, at a variety …

Read More »

Restaurants’ Own Apps Command Most Digital Orders, Research Indicates

When the technology emerged, mobile ordering was thought to be a natural for the restaurant industry, and now there’s some research showing just how popular these apps have become. It turns out that, from 2013 through 2017, digital orders at restaurants grew at an average annual rate of 23%, and …

Read More »

Pay-at-the-Table Comes to a Restaurant Group With Ingenico Devices

A restaurant franchiser is deploying Ingenico Group point-of-sale terminals as part of a migration to pay-at-the-table payment acceptance at its TGI Friday’s and Zinburger Wine and Burger Bar locations, Ingenico announced Wednesday. The deal ultimately will see pay-at-the-table service, where the server brings the POS terminal to diners at their …

Read More »

EMV Finds a Seat in Restaurants

Forget an a la carte approach to point-of-sale services. EMV has trained restaurant operators to want inclusive features to help run their businesses. Ask point-of-sale system experts to describe the state of EMV acceptance among restaurants, and their choice of words may not be what many expect, or would hope, …

Read More »

Eye on Restaurants: BAMS Caters to Full-Service Restaurants; CardFree Launches Pay-At-Table

Payments provider Bank of America Merchant Services announced it and talech, developer of a cloud-based point-of-sale system that uses Apple Inc. iPads, are going after full-service restaurant and bar owners. Announced Tuesday, the deal will see BAMS, which is a merchant-acquiring alliance between First Data Corp. and Bank of America …

Read More »
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!